Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BBQ Meatballs

This is a recipe I tried out tonight. It is easy ( I love crock pots!) and kid friendly. I saw a few other meatball recipes I want to try, but they're more involved and spicier looking, perhaps more to my taste, but I have kids. This sauce was very mild, like the topping on my grandma's meatloaf.

1 egg, beaten
1/2c shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1/4c seasoned bread crumbs
1/4c finely chopped onion
2 lbs ground beef

SAUCE:
2c ketchup
2T mustard
1T brown sugar
1T cider vinegar
1T lemon juice
1T soy sauce

In a large bowl, combine egg, cheese, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over micture and mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 in balls. (You can form the mixture into a 1 in thick rectangle and cut into 24 squares, which you roll into balls for equal sized meatballs.) Place in a 3 qt crock pot.

In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment